TRAVEL ADVICE FOR GEORGIA
Travel preparation is the key to hassle free trip to Georgia. By doing your homework before you leave for Georgia, you can minimize the chances of something going wrong. Thousands of travellers often regret for not taking these simple pre travel steps before travelling to Georgia.
Find the most up to date medical services available and travel health advice for Georgia from the table below. You will, also, find a broad range of information to help you prepare for a safe and enjoyable journey to Georgia and a safe stay whilst you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for Georgia
Travel insurance tips for Georgia
Travel advice for Georgia
Travel Health Advice For Georgia
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for Georgia
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in Georgia and travel vaccination immunisation for georgia are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in Georgia.
The travel health information for Georgia provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to Georgia for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for Georgia Travel Insurance
- Ensure that you understand exactly what your travel insurance covers as they are not unlimited. It may not cover you for cancellation or change to travel plans.
- Clarify any policy issues directly with the insurer.
- Ensure that medical cover is adequate for possible expenses in Georgia. Ensure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
- Generally, cover for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items such as cameras, laptops and/or jewellery may have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Standard exclusions exist on all travel insurance policies such as acts of civil unrest, self inflicted injury, loss/theft of unattended baggage and pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance policies may be invalidated where injuries are sustained under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To Georgia
- Check the latest travel advice for Georgia from any of the following sources: UK travel advice for Georgia, US State Department travel warnings for Georgia or Canadian government travel advice for Georgia.
- Take out an appropriate travel insurance for Georgia to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to Georgia.
- Before travelling to Georgia register your travel and contact details online or at your local embassy or consulate once you arrive in Georgia, so they can contact you in an emergency.
- Obey the Georgian law. Consular assistance cannot override local Georgian laws, even where local laws appear harsh or unjust by your country’s standards.
- Check to see if you require visas for Georgia or countries you are visiting or transiting. Be aware that a Georgian visa does not guarantee entry into Georgia.
- Make copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
- Confirm with health professionals for info regarding recommended vaccinations or any other precautions for Georgia and find out about Georgia laws on travelling with medicines.
- Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home and keep in regular contact with friends and relatives while in Georgia.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the Georgia.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For Georgia
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. Georgia will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Georgian embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Georgian Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012